March 9, 2014

What's Cookin', Good Lookin'?

Food.
Is.
Awesome.
Here are some of the things we ate this week!
 Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls with Lime Quinoa - SO delicious.
 And again, because it was so amazingly pretty.  You can't see the lettuce underneath, but it was there. :)
 
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies.
Heaven.  My one and only.  My true love.  I showed real restraint when I sent half to Mike's work, and saved the last piece for Andrew (who on his own shared some with Emily.  It was super sweet.)
 
Chicken Pineapple Jalepeno Quesadillas
with Sriracha Mayonnaise
Oh.  My.  Gosh.  AMAZING.  I couldn't get the picture to do it justice, and all you can see is the mayo, but it was so good.  And, for the record, there's not much sauce on there.  You could even have it without the sauce.  2 of these suckers were less than 500 calories, too.  And our taste buds were having a party, let me tell you. 

Green Curry
YUM!  It was really good, and we are excited to perfect this recipe.
 
 Grilled Cheese Tomato and Pesto Sandwiches - pretty good.
 
Mini Egg Quiches with feta, cheddar, green onion, orange pepper, and ham
Sautéed spicy green beans and snow peas

 Crispy Chickpeas - incredibly good! 
I cooked them a bit too long and they got SUPER crunchy, but reminded us a bit of CornNuts. (texture, not taste) 
 
Black Bean Green Chile Chicken Skillet-
Not great.  It was okay, but a little bland.  It made, unfortunately, about 100 meals worth of leftovers.

A "healthy" banana split. 
Banana, strawberries, Cool Whip, and a sliced up Fun Size Snickers bar.
It was good, but the Snickers bar was not necessary (although it IS delicious.)

1 comment:

The Reynders Family said...

Yumm! It all looks so delicious :) I'm gonna have to try the crunchy chickpeas.... Fun!