March 20, 2014

Oops....Happy St. Patrick's Day!

As you may know, I love holidays.  The kids and I start decorating for the next holiday as soon as the last one is over, and I love thinking of fun things for our family to do to celebrate.  St. Patrick's Day kind of snuck up on me, though!  I managed to scrounge up some green clothes for everyone, and made some rice krispie treats with Andrew, adding green food coloring and using a heart stamp to make a clover in the middle to make it more St. Patricksy - which is a new word I just made up.
I was thinking of a couple friends of ours, and noticed that I had some too ripe bananas, so Andrew and I whipped up some banana bread for our friends (and us) and I delivered it after Zumba.  It was a great way to let our friends know we love them, while also saving me from eating an entire batch of banana bread.
So our celebrating was basically all just food, but we all had a good time anyway. :)
 
 
And we had the best darn corned beef and cabbage I've ever made.  Oh my gosh was it delicious!

No comments: