January 26, 2010
One cute thing though was that at the hospital yesterday, Andrew was getting so angry at us for not letting him crawl around. He would get fussy and upset, but as soon as the door opened and a doctor or nurse would come in, he'd instantly be all smiles and start charming the pants off of them. It was too cute. He's such a little ham.
January 24, 2010
January 22, 2010
And also, Andrew can turn pages when we read to him. He's been doing that for about a month now and it's freaking adorable. Of course, he has to be in the mood for it, but he'll do it. Sooo cute.
January 19, 2010
January 16, 2010
January 15, 2010
Climbing the stairs! He's definitely not allowed to do this....And no worries. He wasn't in danger of falling. And HE WAS ON THE FIFTH STEP. I was following close behind thinking, " Holy cow. This kid is too fast forn me!"
His first injury. It looked even sadder than this picture portrays, but it healed really quickly. His biggest problem was when he was tired, he would rub his eyes and nose and scream! Poor little guy...
January 14, 2010
I sure love both my guys.
January 9, 2010
January 6, 2010
Guess who can stand without support now? Andrew spent all day yesterday pulling himself up on things, steadying himself, pushing himself back so he's unsupported, and laughing like a wildman any time he stays upright. When he feels himself start to fall, he either leans back on what he was supported on before, or lowers himself slowly to the ground (or occasionally falls). Seriously, 7 months old. What is it with this Teeny Little Super Guy? In any case, we're proud of our little explorer. (And increasingly terrified that he's going to learn to walk any day now.....)
January 5, 2010
We drove a lot over the holidays and stopping to stretch was always exciting for Andrew. We had a little too much fun pretending he was driving.
Carefully manuevering a tight turn.
A typical mischievous look from Drew.
He tipped this over, grabbed two socks, and crawled inside and ate the socks. It was adorable. I love that kid.
We had a very fun, very hectic time this Christmas. We traveled to Salem, then to St. Louis, then back to Salem, then to Arkansas, then back to Salem, and then home. I never want to see a car again as long as I live. Andrew and Michael agree with me. :)
Here's the baby opening/eating his present.
January 4, 2010
I turned 28 on December 17th. We celebrated on the 17th here at home by opening presents and organizing the house (hence the mess behind me).We took this one with forced perspective, so my carmel brownie look humongous. Hilarious.
January 2, 2010
I love to read. Here's a list of the books I read last year. Some of them I had already read before, some I hadn't. Some were just for fun, some for inspiration, some because they were easy to read. I hope to get more reading done this year.
1. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
2. Little Men - Louisa May Alcott
3. Anne of Green Gables - L.M. Montgomery
4. The Ordinary Princess - M.M. Kaye
5. The Princess Test - Gail Carson Levine
6. The Fairy's Return - Gail Carson Levine
7. The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
8. Anne of Avonlea - L.M. Montgomery
9. Fairest - Gail Carson Levine
10. To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
11. Tuesdays with Morrie- Mitch Albom
12. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince- J.K. Rowling
13. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows - J.K. Rowling
14. The Princess Bride - William Goldman
15. Priceless Memories - Bob Barker
16. Abraham Lincoln- James M. McPherson
17. The Word Snoop- Ursula Dubosarsky
18. Marley and Me- John Grogan
19. Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great- Judy Blume
20. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe- C.S. Lewis
21. Prince Caspian- C.S. Lewis
22. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader- C.S. Lewis
23. The Silver Chair- C.S. Lewis
24. The Horse and His Boy- C.S. Lewis
25. The Magician's Nephew- C.S. Lewis
26. The Last Battle- C.S. Lewis
27. All Things Bright and Beautiful- James Herriot
28. All Creatures Great and Small- James Herriot
29. The Fire of the Covenant- Gerald N. Lund
30. Little House in the Big Woods- Laura Ingalls Wilder
31. Little House on the Prarie- Laura Ingalls Wilder
32. On the Banks of Plum Creek- Laura Ingalls Wilder
33. Dave Barry is from Mars and Venus- Dave Barry
34. A Christmas Carol- Charles Dickens
What did you read this year?