November 19, 2009

Funny Girls

Last night was Activity Days. We made turkeys and wrote things we were thankful for on the feathers, with an emphasis on SPECIFIC things we were grateful for. It went pretty well.

Somehow they started talking about MAP testing. One of the girls said that in California it was CAP testing. So they then starting talking about all the other states - Virginia would be VAP testing, Hawaii would be HAP testing, etc. They were all laughing pretty hard at this. Then one of them said, "In Pennsylvania, it would be PAP testing!" I really don't think that any of them know what that means, but it set me laughing along with them, so they continued onward while I tried to stop laughing amid cries of "Yeah, PAP tests! Those kids all have to take PAP tests!" They then started doing it with other states (my personal favorite was Texas - they thought tap tests would be funny - part of it would be tap dancing). It was pretty hilarious.

We had a really good time, and while looking at their turkeys, I noticed that one of them had put, "My Activity Day Teacher's Humor."

Yeah. It went well. :)

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

PAP tests. That is HILARIOUS. Poor little girls have no idea what's in store for them once a year when they get older.

Amy said...

So funny.

Sheesh... I teared up when I read what that girl put on her turkey. I'm a wreck, I tell ya.

Natalie said...

HAHAHA! Priceless...

Anonymous said...

You are an activity girls leader now then huh? Fun!