January 28, 2014

Peace, Love, and Homemade Deodorant

Yes, folks.  You heard me correctly.  Homemade deodorant.

My mother-in-law made some and gave it to everyone one time when we were all visiting.  I hesitated using it for awhile, because it seemed.....(I'm sorry, Mom) a little hippie-ish.  I got curious, though, and tried it.

And OH MY GOSH!  It works about a million times better than any deodorant I have ever used before.  It's cheaper, doesn't have any yucky stuff in it (like aluminum), and it does what it claims to do - keeps me from being stinky.  Shortly after trying it, I wore my store-bought deodorant to the gym and instantly had some issues.  (Use your imagination and be grateful you weren't there.)  So, yes, I love this DIY one.

I didn't put in any essential oils, because I didn't have any and I wasn't that fancy.  All it is is equal parts baking soda, cornstarch, and coconut oil (unrefined).  Yeah!  That's it!

Try it, I'm sure it will work for you.  Some people with sensitive skin have problems with that much baking soda, so if that's you, just increase the cornstarch and decrease the baking soda. 

.....

really don't know how to end this very weird post.  Happy Armpits was seriously what I was thinking.  I need sleep.

5 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Cool! How do you apply it? :)

Law Fool said...

You put some on a kid's head, then put the kid in a headlock. It's pretty easy.

Mom said...

Mike, you are so weird. We love you. And by the way, that deodorant really does work!

KarenEJacobs said...

You just put a little (maybe a pinky tip's worth or even less) and rub it in.

Jensen Family said...

Ok! :)