April 7, 2013

Spring? Is that REALLY you?!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I was really starting to think that Spring had decided it didn't love us anymore and wasn't going to come around this year.  And just when I had resigned myself to that sad fact, Spring decided to come back around!  Yay!  Not only did we get to listen to the prophet and apostles speak to us this weekend, we also got to spend time outdoors.  It was awesome.
He wasn't a huge fan of the glasses, but it amused us greatly.  And he looks just like Mike's grandpa here (his namesake).

Andrew looking cute in his sunglasses.

The clover in our front yard makes everything look so beautiful.  It's practically covering the whole yard, and making it all a gorgeous blend of purple and green.

Does this picture frighten anyone else?  :)  Andrew and Daddy played catch for the first time.  And no, no one was hit in the head except me.  :)  I caught the ball over my head and then accidently let go of it.  It wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done.

Mike drew a picture of a kid holding a kite, and Andrew was extremely impressed.  It was a cute picture.

My Andrew has grown up, officially.  Today he sat down and started writing letters and numbers.  I have tried to get him to trace letters I write before and he just wasn't interested.  I watched him today thinking about the letter before drawing it, and he did a really super job!  Here he was writing an "E."  It's sideways.  I was so impressed!

Turn your head to the side and you can see the letters.  The A is at the bottom, I accidently got the B cut off right at the top, the C is almost a circle, and then the D.  He is incredible, and I'm so proud of my little guy.  Before he would write another letter he would say, "Don't forget "P"! etc. 
Not to be outdone, Little Miss Sunshine started pretending to write letters, too.  I just love my little sweethearts.  All 4 of them.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I have a picture of Daniel about that age wearing Sierra's Dora the Explorer purple sunglasses. LOL it is SO funny!

Lori said...

Your kids are adorable! Hope you are well!