Here are some more of our Christmas-y activities!
|We made a paper chain and hung it up in the doorway from the kitchen to the living room. Andrew loves "making decorations."|
1. Every morning Emily runs in to the tree and begs for the lights to be turned on. Andrew runs in and says, "Okay, everybody ready?" Then he plugs it in and we all have to say Oooohhhh, Aaahhhhhh. Emily will say, "Oooooooooooohhhhh! Tee! Petty!" All while clapping her hands and sometimes jumping up and down. Every day. It's a really, really adorable exchange.
2. Spontaneous dance parties in the living room while listening to Christmas music.
3. Andrew mentions that Santa is going to bring him tools on a daily basis. "Mommy, do you know about...tools? Santa bring tools to Andrew." Apparently, I will be getting chocolate, Emily will be getting robots, and Mike will be getting cars. He's most insistent that Daddy really WANTS cars, and that Santa will put them in his stocking.
4. Reading tons of Christmas books.
5. Singing Christmas carols before the kids go to sleep.
6. Decorating the house for Christmas (We just got most of the decorations up last night. Slackers.)
7. Spending time together as a family, and being grateful for this wonderful time of year that makes everything more magical for our sweet little kids.