October 5, 2010

Food for the Body and the Soul

Dinner tonight was awesome, easy, and really healthy! I just grilled some lean cuts of beef on the grill (actually Mike did that- thanks, honey), then in a non-stick pan cooked up some frozen veggies in just a little sesame and peanut oil (maybe 2 tsp.). I then added the steak so it would help season the veggies. I added some green onions, toasted sesame seeds, pepper, and crushed red pepper. I couldn't believe how good it was. I didn't have any brown rice, otherwise this meal would have kicked even more booty in the health department!
We watched General Conference on the laptop in Andrew's room this year. This is the result. Utter and complete chaos, including all the books and toys being dumped, staying in pjs all day, and Andrew sitting on our heads any time we laid down. It was worth it. Conference was amazing, and completely inspirational.

3 comments:

Renae said...

That looks really yummy! And once again, I love the book you have on your left. It's really uncanny how much we like the same books!

Renae said...

Yeah, I don't know my left from my right. Doh! Well think of it this way, if you were facing me it would be on "your left."

Jensen Family said...

Love the mess. My house looked similar :)