White Chicken Chili
1. Chop 1 medium onion and 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic and put in skillet with 1 tbsp oil (I use olive oil)
2. Add 1-2 lbs cooked chicken breast (It's good shredded or chopped small. I use less because we just don't eat that much meat. I also add it to the onions and garlic raw and then brown it all up. I've found it gives it a richer flavor.)
3. Add 1 can chicken broth, 2 cans great northern beans, 1-2 cans green chilis, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cumin (I tend to add more salt and cumin), 1 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.
4. Simmer all for 30 minutes.
5. Stir in 1/2 c. whipping cream and 1 c. sour cream
It's super good with a crusty bread and a salad on the side. Perfect for when Jack Frost is nipping at your nose. Oh, and another thing. What's the difference between Old Man Winter and Jack Frost? And don't even get me started on the Winter Miser. He is just completely complicating the whole issue. Do you think they have some sort of rivalry going, or is O.M.W. just Jack Frost as he's gotten a bit older and forgotten who he is? Maybe we'll never know.