April 25, 2009

About me.

A book I highly recommend: Cheaper by the Dozen – it rocks.
My favorite flower is: Callilillies and dandilions
A game I like to play is: Down the River – it always reminds me of my Grandma Rough and it makes me happy.
The music I listen to most is: Classical music while I drive – it helps me think and Jellybean loves it.
A movie I watch over and over is: Dan in Real Life
My favorite quote is: My new favorite is “Life is hard. It’s even harder when you’re stupid.” -John Wayne
My favorite thing to buy is:Anything on sale. I found an 89 oz jug of Tropicana Orange Juice for $1.50 instead of $6.00 because it was going to expire in 3 days. WOW! So we bought 4 and froze 3. That was on Monday. I still get excited when I think of it. I need help.
If I could afford to buy anything at the moment I would buy: A crib
If my house were burning down and I could only rescue three things, they would be: Computer hard-drive, journals, and….Mike.
A smell that makes me pause is: Laundry drying
My favorite sport to watch is: I would have to say baseball live.
The city I would like to visit most is: International- Paris currently Domestic- Boston
A moment when I achieved absolute happiness was: Sitting around with Mike discussing baby names and realizing I was the luckiest girl in the world.
My favorite meal is: Mexican food.
A piece of music that makes me sentimental is: Accidently in Love by the Counting Crows
Someone or something that made me laugh this week was: Jeanette and I talking about Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
My earliest memory is: I think I was just three, running around the house outside in a little dress, barefoot, in our new home. I remember feeling the wind on my face and laughing because I was so happy. I’m glad I remember that day. It still makes me smile.
My first paying job was: Babysitting and if that doesn’t count - Taco Bell. Woohoo!
The memory that still makes me laugh is: Zach giving Mike a single-deuce at the dinner table without even knowing what he was doing.
My best birthday was: My 23rd. Mike made an intensive scavenger hunt for me because we couldn’t see each other. It was so fun and made me feel special.
A smell that reminds me of my childhood is: The smell of library books.
My favorite color to wear is: Pink or red.
When I exercise I like to: cry.
The best vacation I ever had was: To the Smokey Mountains.
The best thing about being married is: hearing the hilarious things he says in his sleep. That and spending time with my best friend.
The thing I am most passionate about is: Currently? Letting kids be kids.
What is one thing you did as a child that you hope your child will NOT emulate: Steal from friends and family in the name of Robin Hood.

Now you're tagged. Put yours on your blog, because I'm really interested in what you have to say. That sounded sarcastic, but that wasn't intentional!!!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm assuming the fire question relates to before baby boy is born. :)

I laughed outloud remembering the "single-deuce".

We've got to play down the river. Ah!

Oh Karen. It makes me sad you don't have a crib, even though technically you don't need one for a few months. I keep thinking I ought to go to yard sales when I can and then I think, "No, she has a ton of clothes". Why did I not think about looking for a crib??

I love Tennessee and really wish we could go back but I don't think it'll be this year. Blah! I wish we could go with you guys sometime...I don't know if that's even going to be possible.

Dr. Quinn. Hahaha.

I want to go to a Cardinal game so bad.

Renae said...

I heard about that Zach / Mike story. It's pretty darn funny!