So...I've really been excited by cooking again lately. I mean, I always love cooking, but recently I've been EXCITED to make dinner. I've checked out a million and one cookbooks from the library and have been collecting recipes.
Pictured above was dinner last night. Croque Monsieur and Roasted Broccoli. Believe me, it looks pretty, but it tasted even better. The broccoli was a major shock, because I didn't think it would be anything amazing since it was so simple and healthy. It was slightly crunchy, with a terrific roasted flavor. Roasting the broccoli really just gave it the extra oomph that made it spectacular. The Croque Monsieur was also pretty healthy, and the flavors just kind of exploded in your mouth. Loved this dinner.
1. Cut 4 slices of French bread. Cut slice in bread to form a pocket. Spread 1 tsp honey mustard into each pocket. Put 2 oz. thinly sliced ham and 1 slice Swiss cheese.
2. Combine 1/2 cup milk and 3 large egg whites in a shallow bowl; stir with a whisk. Dip sandwiches in milk mixture, turning to coat.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high head; coat with cooking spray. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4-5 c broccoli, cleaned and stems trimmed
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1-2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place broccoli on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat and combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes or until stems are golden brown and slightly crisp-looking
3. Remove broccoli and immediately sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Toss and serve.
Make it. You won't regret it!!! :)