August 26, 2012

Infinite


"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely.

 Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. 

Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely. 

He loves us because He is filled with an infinite measure of holy, pure, and indescribable love. We are important to God not because of our résumé but because we are His children.

He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken. God’s love is so great that He loves even the proud, the selfish, the arrogant, and the wicked.

What this means is that, regardless of our current state, there is hope for us. No matter our distress, no matter our sorrow, no matter our mistakes, our infinitely compassionate Heavenly Father desires that we draw near to Him so that He can draw near to us."


My in-laws have parts of this talk posted in their home.  I know God lives.  I know He loves me.  I know He loves everyone on this earth, without reservation.  I know that I can return to Him if I am diligent and follow His commandments.  I love Him with all of my heart, and am so grateful to have Him always on my side.

1 comment:

Carol-living in the South Plains of TX said...

Thank you Karen! I LOVE President Uchtdor's words from that (and other) conference talk(s). A very important message to ALWAYS remember. Thanks for reminding me :)