May 8, 2012

Surprise Date

 Okay, these pictures are all backwards, but whatever.  :)  For those of you who don't know, my husband is the absolute worst at keeping secrets.  Whenever he finds something I would like or wants to tell me something fun, he just can't wait.  It's pretty cute.  He DID, however, surprise me with a date a couple weeks ago.  It was so thoughtful, too.
  About 5 years ago we were talking about what kind of art we would want to do if we had the chance.  I hadn't remembered this conversation, but I had said pottery (which is true).  He remembered that all this time and found a place here in town that had lessons.  Michael is so sweet, seriously.
 Here I am with the finished product.  It's supposed to be a bowl.  Let me just say this.  Using a pottery wheel is freaking hard.  The clay is all wobbly, and for some reason, I'm not a prodigy.  :)  It was really fun, though and I ended up with something that looked like a tasting bowl.  (Kind of.)
 It kind of looks like a Muppet mouth from this angle.
Quasimodo does pottery.

Thanks for the fun date, sweetie.  I love you.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You have no idea how impressed I am that the man remembered something you had talked about in the past and planned an actual date for it. Woah.