September 2, 2011

Please Sir, May I Have Some More?

Food recipes? Sure thing...

I know, I know. But we've just been eating some really yummy stuff lately.

I invented a little sauce to go with pears. Now, I didn't poach my own pear or anything. It would have been amazing if I had, but I had not the time nor the energy nor the know-how. So I used canned pears. And it was still yummy.

For the "sauce" (or whatever you want to call it) I just put some Greek yogurt (any plain yogurt would do) with cinnamon and sugar, and a dash of lemon juice. That's it. It's a little tart, but the sweetness in the pear really compliments the acidity and tartness. Sorry, I have no measurements. It was kind of weird, but in a good way.

I love asparagus. I mean L-U-V love the stuff. I had never cooked it this way, but I really loved it. It was a little crisp, and the flavors were amazing. I loved this and I will be doing it again this week. The recipe calls for vegetable oil, but I used olive oil. I think you can use any oil you want for this. Delicious stuff.

Sesame Stir-Fried Asparagus
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp Asian sesame oil
1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1" peices
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted

In 10" skillet, heat oils over high heat until hot. Add asparagus and sprinkle with salt; cook, stirring frequently until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.


1 comment:

Colton Anne said...

Sounds yummy! I love asparagus...has to be fresh though of course!! :)