February 2, 2009

Sheltered

Ok, so I haven't done a lot on this list. Sorry if you hate this kind of post. I think it's interesting. :) What have you done? I'm interested.
1. Started your own blog (And aren't you grateful I did?? :) )
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (I don't think Rock Band counts....Darn it.)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris (my husband has, but that doesn’t count.)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (That would be so scary, but would seriously rock.)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (sewing a chicken for my neice?)
15. Adopted a child (Someday.)
16. Had food poisoning (It was lovely, I tell you.)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables (I helped at least.)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (Again, Mike has.)
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (For shame.)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb (You better believe it. Cutest little guy ever.)
26. Gone skinny dipping (Even I don’t want to see that….)
27. Run a Marathon (Yeah right.)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (Total eclipse of the heart!!! Ok, now that song’s stuck in my head… I saw a solar eclipse once.)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (Again, yeah right. No hand/eye coordination. NONE.)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (Does Mount Vernon, IL for my mom count?)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (French kind of in Montreal. I don’t know if that counts, though.)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (Of course there are things I would love to have, but living simply really works for me. I just wish I could help others more.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing (I can barely handle the pebbles in the road without tripping.)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke (Achy Breaky Heart, anyone?)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (never been to the beach – sad, huh?)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (a freaky guy in the metro drew one of me and my companions. Looked nothing like me, but she was cute, so that’s ok. And creepy.)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been on television (4th grade, local station. Oh yeah. And a documentary on my mission – it was about Meals on Wheels and that was our service. I never got to see it, though. Bummer. That was my big shot. :) )
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain (I love the rain.)
53. Played in the mud (Mud. A staple for kids everywhere.)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I was a Girl Scout dropout.)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (I am a total blood stud. I love giving blood. Nothing like seeing one of the things keeping you alive being drained into a plastic bag. But seriously, I’m just glad there’s something easy you can do to help save someone’s life.)
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (I think I did when I first got a checking account.)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (I love that place. It’s so spiritual.)
71. Eaten Caviar (Blech.)
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (Matchbox?)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (One of the benefits of living in a small town...)
85. Read the entire Bible (A goal of mine, but still haven't tackled the Old Testament.)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (Does Richard G. Scott count?)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby (I'm going to count this one…)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit (Gotta love that landlord… Not that I’m bitter.)
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Totally copied a post from someone else's blog to your own

2 comments:

timpani76 said...

Wow, I've done a surprising amount of those. Why does fired from a job make the list. Only happened once, and could go my whole life without that happening again

Jennifer said...

Ack, I totally forgot that you weren't showing up on bloglines, and yes, affirmative, for some reason your blog isn't showing up for me. (Note to self: Get off my lazy butt and actually click on Karen's blog....) Anyway, two things I would have commented on if I had realized you'd been posting:

1. First of all, it shocks me that you've never sold a Girl Scout cookie, because I now think of you as less of an American.

2. Abraham Lincoln and Jim Hensen? You crack me up.