February 23, 2009

Conrad Birdie? To kiss me??

Ok, so we used to rent "Bye Bye Birdie" from the library ALL the time. We thought it was really cool, and would act out scenes from the movie. I even remember making my Ken doll sing the song "Sincere" and dance around JUST like Conrad Birdie.

I watched this movie recently, and I just have two words to describe the experience.

Holy moly.

I seriously lost brain cells watching it. The only redeeming qualities are the following lines of the movie:

"Randolph, your father's warned you. If you make another bomb, you'll get spanked."

"Don't try to pay me back, son. I forgive you. So what if you're an ingrate? So long as you're happy."

"Ed Sullivan? He's my favorite human."


3 comments:

timpani76 said...

Bye bye birdie was ok. My favorite musicals are the Sound of Music and Singin in the Rain. Silly willy fun fun. Remember when movies used to be fun?

Jeanette said...

Yes it is quite ..... goofy but I still like it. It reminds me of when we were young and stupid. :)

Renae said...

I've never seen that one. I guess I won't bother.