October 27, 2013

My Neighborhood

For those of you who grew up watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, you'll understand this post.  For those of you who didn't, I'm sad for you.  :)

Fred Rogers was an amazing guy.  I felt loved and special watching it when I was a kid, and frankly, I still do as an adult.  He was kind, genuinely enjoyed what he did, and showed a slower, gentler side of life that is so refreshing. 

I love when my kids watch it now.  It makes me smile when Andrew asks about buildings "in our neighborhood" and when Emmie sings "Won't you be my neighbor" while we're putting her shoes on. 

Some reasons I love Mr. Rogers.




Here's a really good list of facts about Mr. Rogers that I didn't know.  Follow the link here:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/16416/15-reasons-mister-rogers-was-best-neighbor-ever
 
Is it pathetic that I teared up when I read that?  I like you just the way you are, too.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Fred Rogers was an amazing man. He certainly would have been interesting to know. I'm glad your kids like him.