November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

This year was the first year we made a whole Thanksgiving dinner by ourselves.  It definitely made me grateful for my mom for doing it year after year.  Thanks, Mom!!
Mike stuffing the turkey.  I was so grateful that Mike dealt with the turkey.  I don't do well with raw meat in the best of times, but as a pregnant lady...not happening.

Kiddos watched Garfield's Thanksgiving special while we made mounds of food.

Our menu!  I'll tell you what, this was the first time I've made homemade stuffing.  It was so simple, cheap, and  SOOOOOOO amazingly delicious.  I'm not kidding when I say it was incredible.

Mmmmmm....

The spread!  We were so stuffed by the end of the meal.  Happy, and stuffed.

A closer look at the stuffing.  We baked some of it in the turkey, and some of it in the oven.  Both were amazing, and with a different flavor, even though they were the same recipe.  The one in the turkey was...turky-er.  That's a new word I just made up.

My plate.  I couldn't finish all of it, but it was seriously amazing.  Especially the stuffing.  Heavenly stuff.  Okay, I'll stop now.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I have to agree with you. I'm sure Heavenly Father would agree with your idea too.

Mom said...

Oops, my comment was supposed to have appeared on the "gratitude" post. You're welcome, by the way, for lots of Thanksgiving dinners. Yours looked great. Did Catherine make it up for the holiday? Now we look on to Christmas. Wal-Mart is playing Christmas music for sure.