February 10, 2012

Confessions....

These are confessions of a non-scandalous nature.  (Not that I have any scandalous ones to share.  My life's good and boring like that.)

1.  I really don't particularly care for Dr. Seuss books.  I don't hate them, but I don't particularly love them.  I don't remember reading them much as a kid, and so maybe that has some bearing on it.
2.  I am a sucker for baby kisses.  Especially when the baby gives me a little I'm-proud-of-myself-and-I-know-how-cute-I-am smile...every time.
3.  I would like a night of non-interrupted sleep.  I haven't had that in 7 months and 18 days.  It's exhausting.  But she's worth it.
4.  I might be biased, but I think I have the best husband in the world.  I know some people don't like gushy husband talk, but I really love that guy.  He's definitely a keeper.
5.  I'm a hopeless romantic.  To the point where I will read young adult princess stories with plots you can see coming a mile away, knowing there will be sweet moments.  (Plus some of them are good.)  And a good romantic couple in a movie or t.v. show?  Forget about it.  Elizabeth and Darcy. (Pride and Prejudice)  Jim and Pam. (The Office) Anna and Mr. Bates. (Downton Abbey)  The couple from Up.  Sigh, I like those guys.  Just to name a few.
6.  I think the cello is the most beautiful instrument made by human hands.  Gorgeous.  Click on the link to hear some proof.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_fkw5j-t0
7.  I truly think music is the link to the soul.  I remember asking my dad when I was younger why he listened to classical music.  He said, "I like it."  I totally didn't understand it until about 5 years ago.  That's basically all I listen to now.  I like other music, but....there are some songs that can express so much of what I'm thinking and feeling.  Amazing.
8.  I was abducted by aliens.  We ate crumpets and M&Ms and played Uno.  It was fun.  Seriously.  Okay, not seriously, but I was just wondering if you actually read a long, rambling post with no pictures.  If so, way to go!  You have more attention span than I do.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I read the whole thing :) I loved it!

Mom said...

I read it too!