I am officially at 28 weeks and have begun the 3rd trimester. Here’s a bit of what’s been going through my head the last couple of days.
1. My vital organs are being squished. It’s a weird feeling, and is mixed with some pain and definitely an overall uncomfortable feeling as little Jellybean makes himself feel quite at home. I drew the line at moving an easy chair in there, though.
2. Powdered doughnuts have become my new best friend/enemy. They coat the throat something awful, but they really hit the spot!
3. Names, names, names! It’s really hard to pick a name for your child! This is something that once you make a decision on it, there’s no turning back. The kid will live with it for the rest of their life… So, no decision on that yet, and I may just have to close my eyes and point to a name in the baby book. He’d probably end up with a dumb name like Delvin or something, but at least then I could say it was just fate, not me.
4. My friend Jennifer gave birth to her little girl, Alyson, last week. Let’s just say, this has definitely made me anxious to see my little boy. I know I’m pregnant, but it’s still bizarre that in a little less than 3 months, I will be a mom. I already love the little guy, regardless of how many times he decides to kick my bladder at the most awkward times. I just can’t wait to have him snuggled up against me and know that he’s ours.
5. I seriously need to get on the ball this weekend and start buying the kid some stuff. Otherwise, our Delvin will be sleeping in a box and wearing homemade paper towel diapers.