March 5, 2009

Random thought...

I don't know why, but it's hard for me to remember that scriptural characters, historical characters, etc. are real people. I realize they are and all, but I guess because they lived such a long time ago or something, I forget that.

Let me explain. I know the story of Ammon. He was awesome. He was an awesome missionary. He protected the King's sheep. He cut off some arms. A whole lot of arms, in fact. Again, he was awesome. The part that boggles my mind is that he felt sick sometimes. Sometimes he got frustrated. Maybe he was a fantastic singer. Maybe he had a lazy eye. He was a real guy, with real feelings. And although he may look like the above picture, it's also possible that he was a dork. Now, don't chalk me down as a sacriligious fiend. All I'm saying is that we don't know, and it kind of makes me happy in a bizarre way to think that Laman could have looked like Kip.
And actually, I think it's amazing that these were great men- not because they were perfect, but because in spite of being imperfect, they were great men. It makes history and the scriptures much more alive to me. It gives me hope that although I have so many failings, and that I'm just not always "that good", I can go on to be a great lady.

Here's hopin'. :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

A lazy eye... oh how that cracked me up today.

Anonymous said...

Oh man... not like Kip. PLEASE not like Kip...

Amy said...

This friggin' post just popped up in bloglines...