December 10, 2008

christmas info you don't need

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Leave your answers on your blog or email it. Thanks for the idea, Jeanette! :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, especially when I use cute little fabric ribbons and crepe paper... It makes me ridiculously happy. There are some bags that are so cute I have to clap when I see them, however.
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL TREES! I always had a real tree growing up. Anything else and I may cry....3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as I can after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually after New Years Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, besides....Mike and Zach would beat me down if I tried to take it from them.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? When my mom gave me banana stickers. But for Christmas, I would have to say when I got one of those stupid holiday bears with the year stamped on the foot - I thought that was freaking awesome.
7. Hardest person to buy for? The boys...including my husband.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Jeanette or Amy
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not yet.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a broken glass candy cane last year from a girl at work...wait, that was a Christmas present, but whatever.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I would have to say....I love them all. Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, PeeWee's Christmas Special - I love Christmas movies!
13. When do you start shopping? Usually after Thanksgiving, but I seriously haven't started.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, lots of times. Especially when it's from a Secret Santa or something.15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I actually don't stop eating around this time of year....Breakfast!!! Cinnamon rolls, egg and sausage bake thing, and hot chocolate - nothing beats Christmas breakfast at Moms.16. Lights on the tree? Absolutely, although one year at Mike's, Caroline put on so many lights, she had to wear sunglasses because the lights were so bright. It was the brightest tree I have ever seen!!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything but the Del Rubio Triplets singing Sleigh Bells. I think I will have a nightmare tonight just from writing that....
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? A little of both. :)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzin, and Rudolf-the-taunted. Look, I'm better than Ernest....
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We don't have one yet. We haven't been able to find one that doesn't creep one or the other of us out.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas normally but since we've been married it's been whenever we can get time together. :)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When there's no snow or because it doesn't last long enough!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hodge Podge - I love knowing where all the ornaments come from and getting them out each year. It's the best!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? We never had Christmas dinner, really - mostly breakfast.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To know the gender of my cute, healthy little jellybean!!!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I laughed out loud when I read about the Del Rubio triplets. Too funny. I want some cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate now.

timpani76 said...

My sisters are my easiest people to shop for too! Mainly Danielle, though. Anything Hello Kitty! usually makes her happy. Guess what I got her this year?

lizS said...

do you know i don't really have anyone that's easy to shop for, but i myself am terribly easy. it's just so not fair. :)