March 31, 2009
I don’t think this post makes much sense, but today I’m just really feeling grateful for generous friends and family, living simply, and above all – the knowledge that I truly am the one who is and always has been privileged.
March 28, 2009
March 24, 2009
March 21, 2009
March 18, 2009
- Mr. Rogers -I would have LOVED to be his neighbor! He was so nice! And really, as much as the Land of Make Believe puppets kind of scared me, you can't get much better than good, wholesome Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
- Reading Rainbow- I would go read a book, give a review to my imaginary camera, and wait to be discovered. I thought they just chose random kids, so I would stand by the phone and hold my breath for LeVar's call.
- Cooking/Art Shows - After all the kid stuff was over with, I would stick around and watch all the cooking and art shows. I still like watching cooking shows, even if I never make what they make.
- And last, but most certainly not least, Sesame Street- I don't think anything could beat that show in my eyes. I mean, come on. Bert doing "the Pigeon", Don Music beating his brains out on the piano, Alistair Cookie on Monsterpeice Theater, Guy Smiley's shows, Super Grover "saving" the day....Need I say more?
I think we can all hear a rant coming on........
Here it is. WHERE THE HECK DID SESAME STREET GO?! Most everything about it now just disappoints me - from the new hip-hop theme to the endless Elmo's World to the brutal cutting of my favorite characters. (Don't even get me started on all the new kid's shows out there nowadays. That's a new rant for a new day.)
This picture I saw online says it all for me...Am I alone here?
March 17, 2009
March 5, 2009
March 2, 2009
1. My vital organs are being squished. It’s a weird feeling, and is mixed with some pain and definitely an overall uncomfortable feeling as little Jellybean makes himself feel quite at home. I drew the line at moving an easy chair in there, though.
2. Powdered doughnuts have become my new best friend/enemy. They coat the throat something awful, but they really hit the spot!
3. Names, names, names! It’s really hard to pick a name for your child! This is something that once you make a decision on it, there’s no turning back. The kid will live with it for the rest of their life… So, no decision on that yet, and I may just have to close my eyes and point to a name in the baby book. He’d probably end up with a dumb name like Delvin or something, but at least then I could say it was just fate, not me.
4. My friend Jennifer gave birth to her little girl, Alyson, last week. Let’s just say, this has definitely made me anxious to see my little boy. I know I’m pregnant, but it’s still bizarre that in a little less than 3 months, I will be a mom. I already love the little guy, regardless of how many times he decides to kick my bladder at the most awkward times. I just can’t wait to have him snuggled up against me and know that he’s ours.
5. I seriously need to get on the ball this weekend and start buying the kid some stuff. Otherwise, our Delvin will be sleeping in a box and wearing homemade paper towel diapers.